L.F. Jennings views the preconstruction phase as the first effort in partnership with the ownership group and the project design team. We prefer to become actively involved in projects as early as possible so that we can bring our value to the process in several significant ways:
- Develop project budgets at key points to help guide the efficiency of the design.
- Develop component budgets to guide material and system selections (fire rating systems, mechanical systems, finishes, etc.).
- Provide cost alternatives for different design options.
- Review drawings as they are developed and advise on constructability issues, drawing on the expertise of our experienced field personnel.
- Prepare and monitor a master design / construction schedule to show how the owner’s delivery date can be met and assist all team members in making timely decisions.
- Prepare final budget before construction documents are completed to verify design is within owner’s budget.
- Develop and bid early bid packages where necessary for long lead items required to meet the project schedule (Steel, precast concrete, etc.).
The preconstruction phase provides the team with opportunities to work collaboratively to manage the overall project budget, scope and schedule and to impart value in every stage of project development. We believe that when leveraged properly, good preconstruction management lays the foundation for a successful project.